Professional Pathway – Pre-Engineering Program @ Concordia
Using innovation, creativity, dedication and knowledge, applying techniques of Mathematics and Science,engineers bring about changes in the world, providing solutions to technical issues, paving way to a happy and comfortable life. In this advancing world, we need engineers to transmute ideas into reality.They tend to be critical, creative and successful under proper guidance. Aspiring towards producing engineering minds and career, Concordia has established a new relationship with Valparaiso University, a professional pathway to pursue degrees in the field of Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
Valparaiso University’s College of Engineering is recognized as one of the nation’s finest engineering programs and is ranked 18th nationwide by U.S News. Located close to Chicago, this selective institution provides an array of opportunities in the Engineering disciplines. In this educational journey, students are not only limited to learning and experiencing engineering via projects and researches but also mentored to prospects that fit their personality, interests and career aspirations.
Semesters 1 – 5 at Concordia will include a variety of Science, Math and general education courses, plus summer courses at Valparaiso between the first and second years. Students who complete the five semesters with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point can transfer to Valparaiso University, where semesters 6 – 10 will include advanced engineering classes and coursework towards a minor, plus project work, research, presentations and internships.
Diverse community, proximity and supportive environment are the few Concordia attributes among many that will facilitate the transfer to this top engineering school.
Reasons to choose this program :
- 3-year OPT versus 1 year for non-engineering students and muchhigher salaries
- Guaranteed admission to a top selective and independent engineering college in the US
- No TOEFL or IELTS required for admission
- Attractive scholarships
- Get the best of two nationally ranked colleges
- Combine skills with Liberal Arts studies to differentiate oneself with a unique skillset
- Opportunities to work with faculty on myriad research projects
- Opportunities to build professional networks and gain practical real-world experiences.
- Advanced Internship program
- Immerse in the different cultures of two big cities