Concordia College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (215-662- 5606). The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation.
The Social Work Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), 1600 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 (703-683-8080), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation.
The Teacher Education Program at Concordia College New York is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP), 1140 19th Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036 (202-223-0077). This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs at Concordia College New York. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development.
Concordia College New York has received specialized accreditation for its Business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, Kansas.
The College is registered by the New York State Education Department and the International Center for English as a Second language is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs.
Concordia is a four-year, coeducational liberal arts college affiliated with The Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod and a member of the Concordia University System. It is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York to offer associate, bachelor, and master degrees.
Concordia, founded in 1881 as Concordia Progymnasium, received its original charter from the State Regents in 1936. From 1918 to 1969, it was called Concordia Collegiate Institute; in 1969, the preparatory school was closed and the present name of the College was authorized by a charter change. In 1972, the State Regents authorized the College to grant the baccalaureate degree. In 2011, the State Regents authorized the College to grant the master’s degree.